Use the steps on this page to fix the following problems on your phone:
- Won’t turn on
- Has a black or blank screen
- Turns on but immediately turns off
- Hold the power button
First, try holding down your phone’s power button for 5-7 seconds.
- Troubleshoot your cable, charger, outlet & case
Important: Use the charger and cable recommended for your phone.
1. Check that your charger and cable work
- Try them with another device.
- Check that the cable is securely connected to the charger and to your phone.
- Check that there’s nothing in the port of your phone, like dust or lint.
2. Check that your outlet works
- Plug the charger into a wall outlet.
- Plug in something else, like a lamp.
3. Check that no accessories, like cases or battery packs, cover the sensors on your phone or press its buttons.
- Troubleshoot your battery charge
Plug in your phone with a working cable, charger, and outlet, then wait one minute.
If you see a battery icon, your phone is powered off and is charging. You can restart right away.
To check if your phone is charging, open your phone’s Settings app then tap Battery.